Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thing 3 - Blog Search Tools

I didn't know that there were such things as blog search tools. Whenever I have found blogs in the past, it has been either through friends or just a simple google search. Technorati is pretty neat; all those blogs in one place! But I found it a little difficult to use the right keywords. All blogs are usually not about just one thing. So if you're looking for a blog about the Middle East for instance, any and every blog that has the words "Middle East" come up, whether it's relevant or not. I did search for "libraries" and got some good hits, but for certain subjects I think it takes quite a bit of sifting through. I guess it's a good resource to know, but I don't know if I will use it much in my everyday life. Maybe if I was just surfing the web, looking for something to do, I might get on Technorati. Also I don't know how many times I've broken some electronic device that I threw the directions for away, and found someone in the blogging world that knows exactly how to fix it. There's a lot of information out there on blogs that can be tapped into, if only we can find it. So in that way, I definitely see the possibilities to use Technorati in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment