Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thing 5 - Flickr

Flickr is not too new for me. I used to have a Webshots account a few years back where I posted my pictures, but now I usually just post them on Facebook. Same type of thing. The organization on Flickr is a little different with the use of tags. The tags are kind of nice because you can take photos months apart that have something in common but that would normally be put in different albums. Picnik is pretty cool too. Webshots and Facebook don't let you edit your pictures right there, so I really like that. Flickr would be great for the library. There are plenty of pictures that can be shared with our patrons through a Flickr account. With the Alachua and Millhopper renovations, it would be nice to keep the patrons involved with the processes. I have seen quite a few pictures sent over email, but it would be great for the public to see not just staff. Pictures from the Homecoming parade, the Friends of the Library booksale, different events and programs that have been offered at each library, events around the community, even pictures of the library staff. Anything to get the patrons involved and asking for more. Two thumbs up for Flickr!

No comments:

Post a Comment