Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thing 9 - Sharing Slides, Photos, and Databases



Yay it worked! This thing started off annoying me to no end. I kept avoiding it. First, I wanted to make a database because it was something I had never done before, but the website wouldn't let me (it wasn't just me, others couldn't do it either). I didn't want to make a photo slideshow because I had already done that in Flickr. So that left me with a slideshow. I didn't realize slideshow meant Power Point (I was thinking it was just another version of a photo slideshow), so I didn't want to do that either. But eventually I went to the websites just to get it over with. I signed up for Slideshare, and I realized that it only uploads slideshows you have already created with another program that you had to buy (i.e. Microsost Power Point). So that was a bust. Then I went to Zoho Show, and it actually let you make a slideshow right there on the website. It turned out to be pretty cool. It's nice to know that you don't have to buy a program in order to make a slideshow. I have used Power Point many times for school projects, so I knew generally how to use Zoho Show. Things are in different places, but you can do a lot of the same stuff. Above is the result. So now I am finally past Thing 9!!

No comments:

Post a Comment