Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 14 - Online Productivity Tools

I started off with the customized homepage. I really liked the look of iGoogle, but I have a Yahoo email account so I figured that I should make one through My Yahoo. I wasn't really a fan. Then I noticed you could have a widget for GMail and hoped that iGoogle did the same and made a widget for Yahoo Mail. It did! So I ended up making a homepage through iGoogle and really liked it. As far as the calendars are concerned, I like having a hard copy of my caledar. I tend to look at it more it I have it handwritten posted up on the wall. I can see how it would be handy though. Same thing with Ta Da List and Remeber the Milk. I don't make lists that often, but when I do I have either handwritten it out, or if its a really big list for a trip or something, I will type it up in Microsoft Word. Online lists could be helpful for some people though. The Backpack tool would be great for small businesses. For ALCD, we already have an intranet and department share files, so I don't think we could benefit that much from Backpack. The PDF Converters are really nice though. I always hated not being able to change text on a PDF. So I definitely could use those in the future. All in all, I don't think most of these online productivity tools are right for me. I'm already productive enough haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment