Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 15 - Rollyo

Rollyo is a pretty cool idea if you want to create your own search engine. I thought you would have to know all this HTML to create one yourself, so its nice there's a site that does it for you. I really wasn't sure what engine I would want or need to create, so I looked through some of their examples. I was an Anthropology major as an undergrad, so I decided to do one that fits my interests there. I just did a really quick one and added National Geographic, Smithsosian, and The Discovery Channel sites. I called it popular science because that's what they are, a version of science that is presented by popular demand. Here is the link to it: My Popular Science. Rollyo could definitely be used in the library. It would be nice to create search engines that we could put on our new website for different categories of books, government sites, or local sites. There are definitely some possibilities that could be explored.

No comments:

Post a Comment